Saturday, August 20, 2011

True Colors-Chapter 2 ~Sad Sad City~


It was the morning after the battle I had had with Carter in the kitchen.
I still ached all over, but I still managed to get myself up and make breakfast.
The sound of footsteps coming down the steps make me shiver in fear. He was up early.
"Good Morning." I said in a stiff tone as he entered the kitchen.
"Morning." He replied.
There was a short silence before I suddenly felt two arms wrap around my waist.
It caught me off guard, making me gasp in suprise and nearly drop the milk in my hand.
"Mhmm..." I heard him sigh. "Whatcha making?"
"W-Waffles..." 
He kept his arms around me as I finished up the batter, actually giving me some sense of security; some sense of trust. Of course, I knew better than to find myself putting any form of trust in him again, because the minute I did so, he'd find a way to show me why I shouldn't.
I sort of shimmied my way out of his grip and headed over to the oven, him following behind.
Cautiously and quickly-with him behind me-I stuffed the waffles into the oven. He had pressed me against a oven last night, who says he wouldn't shove me face forward into one too?
I turned around to face him. I didn't know what to say. Was he leading me on? Was he still mad at me?

"You... You don't have your hair greased back."
"Nah, it looks stupid like that anyways. Besides, you like it this way anyways, right?"
I slowly nodded. When had he ever given one thought to my opinion? What I liked?
He then abruptly pulled me into an embrace, catching me off gaurd once more.
"Selly, I'm sorry about last night." I didn't say anything in response, but he continued on. "I do love you. Its just... I don't know. Some of the other guys at work think your adorable, and they talk about you all the time. I just irrationally thought that you were cheating on me with one of them."
I stayed silent. Why the hell did I even fall in love with this irrational bastard?! His colleagues thought I was "adorable", so that automatically meant that I was, for a lack of better words, fucking with them? Tears were forming in my eyes.
"Do you still love me, Selly?"
"Y-Yes..." I stuttered out, even though I was blatently lying. Although, I could've easily been telling the truth. I couldn't even tell.
There was a silence before he decided to speak again.
"Your face..." He said in a guilty tone.
"Its... fine, Carter."
"No, its not. Hows... your back?"
"Its okay, I guess."
"I am sorry."
"You've never been sorry before, nor have you ever cared about my battle wounds! Why all the sudden hava a change of heart?" I instantly regretted saying that and winced, fearing how he would react.
Instead, his facial expression softened, and he looked at me with a pitiful look on his face.
"I think it's getting worse, Selena. I feel as though that neither I or the meds can control as well I used to be able to..."
When had he ever been able to control it that well?
He then pulled me closer. "Look, I took the day off. How about we... you know..."
Before I could respond, he crushed his lips against mine.

Stupidly, I allowed him to do so, and part of me actually was enjoying it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

He was always the more dominate one, the one always on top.
This was wrong. This wasn't him making up to me, but rather his plot of "makeup sex" that would somehow in his mind make everything magically better, but also fulfill his needs.
I myself was so desperate for any form of love and compassion, that I just wanted to ignore his reasons.
But this couldn't go unoticed.
Roughly, I pushed him off, causing him to growl in disapproval.
"What the hell, Selena?"
"I-I'm not gonna have make up sex with you."
Slowly, I sat up and sighed.

"It's not going to make our fucked up relationship magically have a quick healing. Its not going to make all the wounds and hurt just dissappear."
There was no response from him, but I heard him stand up and walk over. He positioned himself in front of me, his arms crossed at his chest.
"We're doing it, Selena. I know you want it."
I stayed silent. He continued on.
"All you do is keep things from me. This will not be one of them."
I bit my lip, anger filling inside me. "So your gonna force me to fuck you?! How the HELL do I know that your not just some horny bastard wanting to get some like you were a year ago in the freaking bar? Trying to take advantage of some blonde college girl that was drunk off her ass?"
"Why you little-"
Instantly, I screeched, pushing off the bed and past him, and ran for the stairs, cursing my venomous tongue.
"Selena!" he bellowed, chasing after me.
I was in front of the steps now, started by his bellowing.
I turned around, only to feel the force of his strong hand push me backwards.
I screeched out in suprise, and felt myself fall downward.
Finally, hitting the floor and landing on my stomach, I cried out in pain.
Everything in my body felt broken. Everything ached.
I heard the sound of footsteps start down the stairs, and come to me.
The bastard stood over me, examining what he had done.
I  began sobbing. I felt like I couldn't move.
"Oh God." He groaned. "Suck it up, Selena. You deserved it."
"C-Carter..." I gasped out.
There was a brief silence, before I heard him groan in annoyance one again and head back the stairs, slamming the bedroom door.
   

 

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I am the only one- but Carter seems lost, sad, like something is missing.. It's kind of like me- though I don't hurt my friends or family verbally, I grow sour or angsty and scream at them- pushing them away, hurting them mentally, hurting myself mentally. Instantly I regret it, groan and walk away. I feel like Carter is a fucked up person like me, who when did one bad thing everybody just I don't know.. ignored him, didn't trust him? So he grew more sour. More bitter. More abusive. He needs someone to help him. A therapist. IDK, I feel like he isn't a lost cause- at least I hope he isn't. But that's just me.

    ANYWAYS, I am rambling- great post, great characters- excited for the next!

    ~Mica

    ReplyDelete